Textbooks for 2012-2013 School Year
2012-2013 BOOK LIST UPDATED 07/20/12
This page contains the following two sections:
- What to do with Your Old Books
- How to Purchase Books for the 2012-2013 School Year
What to do with Your Old Books
Families have several options to sell or pass on old textbooks:
- Sell books back to myschoolbookstore.com. (AMHS receives a commission on all BuyBacks.)
- Sell books to another family.
- Sell books through another source (such as eBay).
- Donate usable books back to AMHS to be used for families who need assistance.
SELL BOOKS BACK TO MYSCHOOLBOOKSTORE.COM
Myschoolbookstore.com will be on campus one time before the end of the school year. Students may sell books back on this date:
ALL STUDENTS: Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:00am-1:00pm
2013 Buy Back Eligible Title List
IMPORTANT: Myschoolbookstore.com uses an online system for BuyBacks and purchases. If you haven't done so already, all families must create an account. All BuyBacks must be processed through the myschoolbookstore.com website. NO PAPER FORMS ARE ACCEPTED.
To create a myschoolbookstore.com account:
- Go to www.myschoolbookstore.com.
- Click “Create Account.”
- Click “Washington” in the State Drop Down Field.
- Press “Continue.”
- Choose our school from the School Drop Down Field.
- Complete the Customer Registration Form and click “Submit.”
To begin a BuyBack record:
- Click “BuyBack” on upper menu bar.
- Click “Begin a BuyBack Request” on right side of screen.
- Click the first line “Click Here First to see your school’s BuyBack List and receive best pricing.”
- Locate the books you would like to sell back to myschoolbookstore.com, and click the corresponding boxes next to the listing. (The prices shown are the possible credits you will receive for your book, however, the actual credit amount will be determined once myschoolbookstore.com receives and processes your book(s).)
- If you have books to sell that are not on the BuyBack list, they might still be accepted by myschoolbookstore.com. Click on “Click here to search an ISBN” at the bottom of the page. Type in the ISBN of the book you want to sell. You will get a message about your book (“yes, you can sell it back to myschoolbookstore.com” or “no, it isn’t allowed.”)
- Once you have checked the boxes of the books you wish to sell back, click CONTINUE at the bottom of the page.
- Click DONE on the next page.
- Click “Campus BuyBack” and CONTINUE. See note below.
- If you will not be returning to AMHS next year, check the “Not Returning” box. If you plan to attend AMHS next year, leave the box unchecked. (The reason they ask this is they will either give you a credit “on account” or mail you a refund check.)
- Read the “BuyBack Terms and Conditions”; click “Accept.”
- Click PRINT to print your receipt.
- Click PRINT again.
- A receipt will print to your printer. IMPORTANT: THIS RECEIPT MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR BOOKS. BRING THIS RECEIPT AND YOUR BOOKS TO THE CAMPUS BUYBACK DAYS AS LISTED AT THE TOP OF THIS INFO SHEET. PAPER FORMS ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED. ALL FAMILIES WISHING TO SELL BOOKS BACK TO MYSCOOLBOOKSTORE.COM MUST FIRST GO ONLINE AS DESCRIBED ABOVE, ENTER THE ORDER AND PRINT THE RECEIPT.
NOTE: AMHS is hosting one on-campus buy back day. As described on the myschoolbookstore.com screen, families may wish to mail their BuyBack books directly to myschoolbookstore.com. Follow the instructions on the screen to use this method of return.
SELL BOOKS TO ANOTHER FAMILY
Contact families on your own, or post a “For Sale” notice on the AMHS Parent E-mail List. For information on how to subscribe to this list, visit our website. Click on “Parents’ Place”, then “E-mail Lists.” (Note: the use of this list is quite low, therefore you may not reach the number of families desired.)
SELL BOOKS THROUGH ANOTHER SOURCE (SUCH AS EBAY)
AMHS cannot advise or be responsible for the sale/purchase of textbooks through other sources.
How to Purchase Books for the 2012-2013 School Year
1. Class schedules will be sent to students as follows:
- Incoming freshmen (next year’s 9th graders) will have schedules mailed to them mid-June.
- All other students will receive their schedule with their report card, to be mailed approximately June 25.
2. Make your book shopping list. After class schedules are received, match up classes with the 2012-2013 Book List
to determine which books are needed.
3. Families have several options to purchase next year’s textbooks:
- Buy books from myschoolbookstore.com. (AMHS receives a commission on all purchases.)
-- Shop online at myschoolbookstore.com beginning mid-July.
-- There is a free shipping/handling offer. More details coming soon.
-- Myschoolbookstore.com guarantees delivery in time for the start of school for all AMHS families.
- Buy books from another family.
-- Contact AMHS parents on your own.
-- Post a notice on the AMHS Parent E-mail List. (Note: the use of this list is quite low, therefore you may not
reach the number of families desired.)
- Buy books through another source (such as eBay, Amazon, Barnes, etc.).
-- We urge you to make sure you are purchasing the correct edition by double checking the ISBN on the textbook list we will provide.
If you have any questions about textbooks, please contact Student Services at (425) 379-6363 or