AMHS Business Pathway Program
The AMHS Business Pathway Program empowers students to pursue their curiosities and futures in the myriad of career pathways available to them in local, national, and global markets. Committed to cultivating insight, the program enhances student understanding of business administration, marketing, finance, hospitality, and entrepreneurship through a specialized curriculum and experiential learning. In alignment with the mission of AMHS, the program is committed to providing opportunities to develop the necessary skillsets and ethics to function effectively in the 21st century workplace.
The intention is for students to begin the pathway in either 9th or 10th grade to gain the full experience. However, it may be an option for a student to join the program at the beginning of 11th grade if they’re enrolled in Introduction to Business.
Regardless of when a student begins the pathway, these are the requirements:
- Courses: Students must complete Introduction to Business, Marketing & Management, and an Internship OR Future Ready. Introduction to Business is a prerequisite for Marketing & Management. Senior year, students can choose to do an on-campus or off-campus internship OR enroll in Future Ready, a “life after high school” preparation course.
- DECA membership: Students must be a DECA member each year of pathway participation, including: $40 DECA dues, attendance at meetings, and participation at the Area 2 Conference in Lynnwood at minimum (conference fees TBD; students have the chance to advance to SCDC then ICDC if they qualify).
- Volunteering: Students must complete 24 additional hours of community service throughout their time in the program, specifically in a business-related capacity (this is in addition to AMHS grade-level volunteer hour requirements).
JESSICA HALL, Business Pathway Program Director & DECA Advisor
A student admitted to the Business Program possesses:
- An interest in business
- Motivation and maturity
- Strong academic and extracurricular records
- A high quality personal interview with the Business Pathway Program Director
- A high quality recommendation from a teacher, club advisor, coach, or manager
- Approval of AMHS Administration and the Business Pathway Program Director
- The ability to participate in the program’s meetings and activities, some which may take place outside of regular school hours
Deadline: Friday, September 30, 2022