AMHS offers several labs for students both before and after school. Labs are available in the following areas: Writing, Math, Language and National Honors Society tutoring. Click the tabs below to learn more.
Writing Lab with Mr. Wright & Mr. Taylor with trained student volunteers
Tuesdays & Thursdays 2:30pm – 3:30pm
- Meet in the ELC / Library
- From college essays to scholarship applications to tasks assigned by AMHS teachers, Writing Lab is an opportunity for any AMHS student to receive help with writing.
- Please email Mr. Wright or Mr. Taylor to arrange a Writing Lab session or sign-up for a session offered in class.
- In your email, please include a copy of your work and a brief description of the writing assignment.
National Honor Society Tutoring
Students in need of extra help can always turn to the NHS tutors. Students will be paired with a Junior or Senior that has experience in the subject matter. For example, if a student has an upcoming test in Geometry and needs one-on-one assistance, a NHS tutor who has taken Geometry and maintained a 3.6 or higher in the course can be of help! The objective is to create opportunities for students to receive one-on-one attentive assistance from other students who have recently taken the course and were successful. Students are available in all subjects, as well as Study Skills and Organization.
Please use the form below to request tutoring support from NHS Members.
World Language Lab
World Language Lab with Ms. Kenny
Mondays 2:45pm – 3:15pm
- Please arrive in-person to room 711 by 2:40 pm
- Your teacher may assign you to attend or you may choose to drop in/join for help in content for either French or Spanish
- AP Spanish students – please contact Mr. Groneman through email to make an appointment
Math Lab with Mrs. Beth Mock
Mondays & Wednesdays 2:35 pm – 3:30 pm
- Math Lab is held every Monday and Wednesday from 2:35 to 3:30 pm in the ELC / Library to help anyone with a homework assignment, a review for a test, a web assignment, or any math-related questions you have.
- Make sure you check in before 3:00pm, because if no one comes to the Math Lab, Mrs. Mock will leave at 3:00pm.
- Additionally, if this time slot doesn’t work for you, you can make an appointment with Mrs. Mock and she will meet you at another time.
The mission of the The James W. Bride Library is to create a welcoming environment that encourages reading, supports research, and serves our community by collecting, organizing, and facilitating access to ideas and information.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday – Thursday 2:45 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Located on the second floor of Grace Hall, Room 507
Students can check the ELC Canvas page for library resources, references, and our current fiction collection.