The AMHS cheer program is committed to upholding the Catholic values of Archbishop Murphy High School. As leaders and representatives of AMHS the squad exhibits virtues of self-discipline, modesty, loyalty, dignity and charity in all situations. AMHS Cheerleaders lead by example to foster good sportsmanship and create enthusiasm and loyalty for teams and the school. The cheer squad will hold itself to the highest moral standards in their service to their school and community.
JR CHEER CLINIC
- Who: 4-13 year-olds
- When: January 25, 2019
- Where: AMHS Gym & Cafeteria
- What: All participants will learn cheers, chants and perform at the halftime of an Archbishop Murphy High School Game
- Why? Jr Cheerleaders will have an amazing opportunity to learn from the AMHS Cheer Squad.
- What does the cost cover? The cost covers a meal for your child, a t-shirt, pom poms and a cheer bow.
- Cost: $50
CLINIC SCHEDULE- TENTATIVE
- 3:30-4:00: Checkin (AMHS Cafeteria)
- 4:00 - 4:15: Ice Breakers/Warmup
- 4:15 - 4:30: Motions
- 4:30 - 5:00: Kicks and Jumps
- 5:00 - 5:45: Dinner (provided)
- 5:45 - 6:45: Learn Halftime Routine
- 6:45 - 7:10: Stunting & Review
- 7:15: Game Begins
- 7:45: Halftime Performance
- 8:00 - Check-out in Cafeteria
*Schedule subject to change
The AMHS Cheer Squad will hold tryouts for the upcoming season in May. Check the school calendar for times. There will be a two-day mandatory learning workshop and tryouts will be held the following day. The team is open to incoming freshmen as well as current 9th, 10th, and 11th graders. Tryouts cover motions, kicks/jumps, cheers, a short dance routine, rallying and tumbling (if applicable).