- The Fund for AMHS - our greatest need each and every year supporting all programs and students
- Endowment Support - building and strengthening our future
- Legacy Society - leaving a legacy through estate gifts
- Business Partnership - year-round business support and recognition
- Student Fundraisers - student-led fundraisers
AMHS was started by a group of parents in 1988, and ever since then, parent involvement has been key to who we are as a school. Per the AMHS contract and the handbook, all families are required to contribute 20 volunteer hours per school year. This obligation can be met in the following ways.
1. Serving the 20 volunteer hours or contributing goods of equal value (20 hours = $400). Volunteer hours and approved donations can be found in Sign-Up Genius. Any donations and/ or volunteer hours outside of those in Sign-Up Genius need prior approval from the school Controller. Requests for volunteer hours and goods are in the weekly AMHS Announce.
All service hours and contributions of goods will be recorded electronically on Sign-Up Genius. Here is how it works:
- Go to Sign-Up Genius for volunteer opportunities. www.signupgenius.com. You may need to create a login and password. Don’t forget to save it as a favorite.
- Review the volunteer opportunities across the many areas of the school.
- When signing up be sure to include your phone number and email address.
- Sign-up Genius will automatically send you a reminder two days prior to your scheduled time.
- When arriving for your volunteer job, be sure to sign. This is very important. If you do not sign in, your hours will not be counted towards your family obligation.
2. Auction Donations- Donating or procuring items for the annual DREAM auction count towards this obligation.
3. Buy Out- Families can opt to buy out all or part of this obligation at $20 per hour (20 hours x $20 = $400).
4. School Wish List - Check the school wish list page on Sign-Up Genius. There may be item(s) you would like to purchase and donate to the school.