The purpose of the senior profile is to assist your counselor and the teachers who will be writing college and scholarship recommendations for you. The senior profile is located under the "About Me" tab in Naviance. When you have completed the senior profile, please email your counselor. NO TEACHER OR COUNSELOR RECOMMENDATION WILL BE WRITTEN UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED THIS SENIOR PROFILE.
Click here to go to the AMHS Naviance log in page
The Senior Book is a packet the counseling department created for all seniors and their families. The book provides information on the following topics:
- Important dates for seniors
- Academic preparation/graduation requirements.
- Standardized testing for college (SAT/ACT)
- College research and selection process
- AMHS senior profile
- College application process
- College bound student-athletes
- Military academies/ROTC
- Financial aid/scholarships (FAFSA & CSS Profile)
- Senior AMHS Naviance checklist
- Making your college campus visit count
- Talking with college admissions representatives
- The Common Application basics
Even though much has evolved with the college process this spring, there are a few steps you should still be taking. Please note: Naviance instructions are posted to Moodle.
- Complete your Senior Profile in Naviance. *If you have not yet registered, please contact your counselor.
- Contact two teachers who you would like to request letters of recommendation from.
- Register for the SAT and/or ACT.
- Explore virtual college tours.
- Create a college list. *SuperMatch in Naviance is an excellent place to start, please contact your counselor if you need instructions.
The world of standardized testing is ever changing. Through this challenging time, ACT and the College Board have provided some additional resources for students.
CollegeBoard Coronavirus Updates
We are seeing more colleges and universities make adjustments to their admission processes to support the Class of 2021, for example becoming "test-optional," accepting different forms of grading, etc. However, we are advising our students to be over-prepared to ensure all post-secondary options of their choosing are available to them. Students should try to register for the SAT or ACT in the summer/fall, if at all able.
"Until June 3 at 8pm ET, August, September, and October registration will be open to: Students in the class of 2020 or 2021 who don't have an SAT score, and students who registered for the June SAT or Subject Tests and didn't cancel." - The CollegeBoard
After this date/time, registration will be open for all students. More info
12th Grade Course Forecasting Information